Enjoy the cherry blossoms at the Sakura Night Gala with this cocktail in hand. Long Table Dry Gin is balanced with sweet Cherry Blossom Green tea syrup and cherry bitters for spring-inspired refreshment.
Notes from Jay Jones, Beverage and Social Media Director at Vij’s Group:
A luminescent and floral cocktail inspired by Cherry Blossom season in our Lower Mainland – designed with fine Vancouver-crafted spirit, tea and bitters. ‘Hisako’ is a traditional Japanese girls’ name – a valiant name, meaning ‘long lived child’.
Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival Presents – Hisako Cocktail
Yields: 1 Cocktail
– Ingredients for Hisako Cocktail –
1.5 Oz – Long Table Distillery London Dry Gin
1 Oz – TEALEAVES Cherry Blossom Green Tea-Infused Syrup
1.25 Oz – Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
2 Dashes – Bittered Sling Suius Cherry Bitters
– Ingredients for TEALEAVES Cherry Blossom Green Tea-Infused Syrup –
1 Cup – Water
1 Cup – Granulated Sugar
2 Tbsp – TEALEAVES Cherry Blossom Green Tea (Master Blend No. 7417) (heaping)
– Steps for Hisako Cocktail-
1. Mix all ingredients together.
2. Serve in a coupe glass.
– Steps for TEALEAVES Cherry Blossom Green Tea-Infused Syrup –
1. Bring water to a boil in a medium pot.
2. Remove from heat and add sugar.
3. Stir until the sugar is fully dissolved.
4. Add loose tea and let steep for 1 minute.
5. Strain loose tea leaves from syrup.
6. Let cool, then seal and refrigerate.